● Managing all the general administrative and clerical aspects of a residential interior design studio.
● Interacting with clients in an informed, engaging, and professional manner at all stages in the design process from initial inquiry through to project completion.
● Communicating clearly with vendors and trades.
● Screening potential vendors and trades.
● Managing all aspects of our client projects in DesignDocs.
● Responsible for increasing business development opportunities as well as generating, leading, and implementing digital marketing ideas, concepts, and campaigns.
What you will need to be successful:
● Excellent professional demeanour: polished, well spoken, and energetic.
● Stellar communication skills in person and digitally.
● Strategic thinker.
● Knowledge of graphic design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva and InDesign.
● Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
● Confident and trustworthy.
● Flexible and resourceful with a willingness to learn and the ability to pivot easily.
● Being able to work independently while contributing to a strong team dynamic.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and ability to learn new software quickly.
● Experience using WordPress, Shopify, Instagram, Google Ads and Flodesk would be considered highly advantageous.
● Passion and motivation to help build a brand.
● Knowledgeable about the local Toronto design industry.
● Driver’s license and access to your own reliable transport.
● Knowledgeable about the interior design industry – a keen devourer of shelter magazines, design books and a frequenter of places where inspiration can be found.
● Previous experience in a similar role in a creative industry.
● Knowledge of DesignDocs is considered an asset however training will be given to the successful applicant.
About the Company
Gillian Gillies Interiors understands that inspired, creative interior design can be a life changing experience for their clients. It’s what they excel at, making life smoother and a little more playful, room by room. They seamlessly blend great taste, with over two decades of global industry experience to consistently deliver beautiful homes to their clients across Canada and beyond.The company has been featured in national and international design publications including House & Home, Scottish Homes and Interiors and The Globe & Mail. Gillian was named ‘The One to Watch’ by House & Home in 2019. A member of The Design Leadership Network, Gillian believes strongly in the power of building and being part of a strong design community.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the one for us to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Shop our latest, small-batch findings – perfect for you, your home or for unique gifts.SHOP NOW