Interior Designer Position
We are looking for an Interior Designer with strong project management skills to join our growing team in Toronto. This a full-time position that will be based out of our studio in mid-town. This is a very friendly and team orientated office and there is a lot of opportunities to grow and develop. We look forward to meeting you!
About the Company
Gillian Gillies Interiors understands that inspired, creative interior design can be a life-changing experience for their clients. It’s what they excel at, making life smoother and a little more playful, room by room. They seamlessly blend great taste, with over two decades of global industry experience to consistently deliver beautiful homes to their clients across Canada and beyond.
The company has been featured in national and international design publications including House & Home, Scottish Homes and Interiors and The Globe & Mail. Gillian was named ‘The One to Watch’ by House & Home in 2019. A member of The Design Leadership Network, Gillian believes strongly in the power of building and being part of a strong design community.
Your main duties will be:
- Coordinate all the moving parts and phases that come with working in high-end residential design.
- Represent the firm at meetings with clients, architects, contractors, and vendors. An ability to not only relay design intent but hold that vision true throughout the entire design process is essential.
- Work closely with the Principal Designer and very quickly learn her design vision and brand aesthetic.
- Promptly and efficiently source products for our projects and be able to obtain accurate quotes based on our specifications, review them for accuracy and prepare client proposals.
- Prepare floor, space, and furniture plans and elevations in AutoCAD, and produce hand drawings or 3-D renderings that communicate clear design intent.
- Review and redline all shop drawings to ensure design intent.
- Create installation timelines, organize and oversee installations.
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients, showrooms and trades through frequent communication and status updates.
- Oversee/manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problem /conflicts and determine solutions.
- Oversee photo shoots and assist with styling.
- Travel overseas for design shows as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Kind, considerate with a positive can-do attitude!
- Good taste and an incredible eye for reading colour hue.
- Knowledgeable about the industry – a keen devourer of shelter magazines, design books and a frequenter of places where inspiration can be found. Beauty and the joy & peace to be found in beautiful spaces needs to be at your very essence.
- Having travelled out with North America and experienced how other cultures live is considered an asset.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in project management and interior design. European experience is an advantage.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, luxury residential projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to think on your feet.
- Knowledge and understanding of custom furniture design including case pieces, tables, upholstery, and window treatments.
- Being a self-starter, motivated and able to take ownership over tasks assigned is a must.
- Proficient in Auto-Cad, 3-D Rendering Software.
- Knowledge of DesignDocs is an asset, however, full training will be provided.
- Must have a drivers licence and your own car.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you are the one for us, as well as your favourite designs from your portfolio of work to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.